Try your hand at this sweet and spicy eggplant dish for a Thanksgiving side this year. It's a tangy, sweet, spicy, warm and aromatic dish that will make your mouth water and fill your house with a delicious fragrance as you prepare the rest of your Thanksgiving meal.
What You'll Need
- Slice the eggplant and salt each piece.
- Meanwhile mix the tamari, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium to high heat. Add the eggplant slices and brown on each side. Remove from the pan and cut each slice into quarters.
- Return the saucepan to the stove and add the onions, and lightly sauté. Add the peppers and or snow peas. Add the tamari mixture. Lightly sauté the vegetables.
- Add the eggplant back in and continue to sauté until all the vegetables are soft. Remove from the pan and serve.
You may also be interested in...
Baked Tomato White Fish with Cucumber Sauce
A simple dish to prepare, as the tomatoes are roasted together with the fish, eliminating multiple dishes. The avocado sauce flavored with lime juice provides a perfect complement.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Medium
Kale & Bacon Stuffed Peppers
You can never go wrong with a stuffed pepper, especially when it includes bacon. We’ve added in some kale for the extra bit of greens and color, and lots of cheese and tomatoes. Go ahead, dig in!
Skill level: Easy