What You'll Need
- Place the flours (reserve 1/4 cup of the all-purpose flour for kneading the dough), salt, and 2 tbsp of the sugar into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Combine the yeast, warm water, and 1/2 tbsp of sugar in another bowl. Let the yeast dissolve. Once dissolved, add the milk and vinegar and mix.
- Add half of the liquid to the flour and start to mix. Gradually add the rest and mix into a dough. Once mixed, place the dough on a clean, floured surface. Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes, flouring as needed.
- Grease a bowl with olive oil and place the kneaded dough in the bowl. Cover and place in a warm place and let it proof for 2 hours. The dough should be at least double in size.
- Punch down and add the tomato filling and cheese. Work it into the dough. Grease an 8 x 4- or 8 x 5-inch loaf pan. Form the dough into a loaf and place it in the pan. Let proof for another hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes and the bread is a light golden color.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Gently go around the edge of the pan with a flat knife and gently lift to loosen the bread. Remove from the pan and put on a wire rack to cool. Bread can be served warm.
- Slice the bread and serve with Avocado Spread.
- Prepare the tomatoes by removing the seeds and juice. Chop into small pieces.
- Heat a small saucepan on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and onions and lightly sauté until onions are slightly translucent. Add the tomatoes, honey, and oregano, if using.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft and most of the liquid has cooked off. Season with sea salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place all the ingredient in a bowl and mash. This does not have to be smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and put in the refrigerator if not using right away.
You may also be interested in...
Grilled Steak with Tomato Chutney
Grilled steaks with baked potatoes are a classic. Perfect for outdoor and indoor events. Serving it with tomato chutney takes the flavor to another level. Make extra and use the chutney as a condiment for snacks and toast. It stores in the refrigerator for two weeks.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hr, 10 mins
Skill level: Medium
Greek Orzo Salad with Lemon Dressing
This vibrant and flavorful orzo salad combines zesty lemon dressing with a colorful array of vegetables and feta cheese, making it a perfect side dish or light meal that can be prepared in no time.
Total time: 30
Skill level: Medium