Who doesn't love brownies with ice cream? With this recipe, you get a chocolatey brownie combined with a healthy, avocado ice cream. Your family will be asking for seconds!
What You'll Need
Avocado Ice Cream
- Scald the milk and cream together.
- Place the avocados, lemon juice, cream mixture, honey or sugar, and vanilla together in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Place in the refrigerator and let it chill completely (4 hours).
- Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn by following the instructions for the machine. Once it has completely churned, transfer to an airtight container and put it in the freezer until ready to use.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (a small bowl resting in a small pot with an inch of water).
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer.
- Add the chocolate. Mix. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix again.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until smooth. Add the pecans and mix again.
- Scrape mixture into an 8- x 8-inch pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes. Go around the edge of the pan with a flat knife. Turn out the brownies onto a wire rack to let cool. Cut into 12 pieces.
- Place a warmed brownie on a plate. Top with a scoop of avocado ice cream and fresh berries. Serve.
You may also be interested in...
Rainbow Bell Pepper Boats with Garbonzo Beans
Red, orange and yellow greenhouse grown bell peppers stuffed with garbanzo beans, kale, walnuts and brown rice make a delicious Mediterranean-influenced vegetarian dish.
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Skill level: Easy
Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Hazelnut Crisps and Berries
Creamy, rich dessert with a nutty crisp cookie to contract the smooth mousse (video included)
Prep time: 30
Total time: 45
Skill level: Medium
This recipe has a video