What You'll Need
- Cut corn off cob.
- Use back of knife to scrape off milk; reserve.
- Reserve ½ cup of corn kernels for garnish and blanch remaining until soft; chill and reserve.
- Rough chop tomatoes, onion, celery.
- Finely chop garlic.
- In a pot, add olive oil, onion and celery.
- Cook until semi-soft, not brown.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and chilled corn and corn milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Add soup contents into high speed blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Completely chill until soup is very cold.
- Add cilantro, blanched corn and peas.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and good quality olive oil.
- Garnish with reserved corn and peas.
You may also be interested in...
Cheddar and Roasted Red Pepper Pancakes
Enjoy a delicious breakfast or breakfast for dinner with these savory Cheddar and Roasted Red Pepper Pancakes.
Skill level: Medium
This recipe has a video