Our heirloom tomatoes are beautiful on their own but in this tart they take tomatoes to a whole new level of culinary beauty. Paired with cheese, olive oil and parsley, this tart looks as good as it tastes!
What You'll Need
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in water, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate four hours or over night.
- Roll refrigerated dough onto cornmeal-dusted surface.
- Divide and place into four .75 inch tart pans.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Thinly slice tomatoes.
- Toss with 1 teaspoon kosher salt in a colander.
- Let drain about 30 minutes, gently tossing occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine mozzarella, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, chives, parsley, thyme, sautéed onion, and ¼ teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper.
- Spread into tart pans.
- Arrange tomatoes on top.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with pepper to taste.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until the tomatoes are browned.
You may also be interested in...
Crisp Cucumber & Tomato Salad
Cucumber Tomato Salad is crisp and crunchy, thanks to our greenhouse-grown cucumbers, and bursting with flavors from tomatoes, fresh parsley and seasonings. Substitute any of our small tomato varieties for our cherry tomatoes based on preference.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy