Red, orange and yellow greenhouse grown bell peppers stuffed with garbanzo beans, kale, walnuts and brown rice make a delicious Mediterranean-influenced vegetarian dish.
What You'll Need
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Slice bell peppers in half vertically and remove seeds.
- Reserve about half of garbanzo beans; mash remaining portion with a fork.
- Mix rice with kale, garbanzo beans (mashed and whole), nuts, salt and pepper.
- Fill peppers with mix; place in baking dish and cover.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake 5 more minutes.
You may also be interested in...
Breakfast Buddha Bowl
All the benefits of a buddha bowl for breakfast with refried beans, a hard-boiled egg and loads of veggies for a new breakfast favorite. Substantial and flavorful this breakfast that will sustain energy for hours. It also makes a great lunch
Prep time: 20
Total time: 35
Skill level: Easy
This recipe has a video