What You'll Need
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté onions, peppers, and mushrooms in butter for 3 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat clean pan on medium-high heat. Add oil and coat liberally around the sides.
- Whisk eggs again to mix thoroughly. Add eggs to the pan.
- Spread sautéed vegetables out evenly on top of eggs.
- Add crumbled crispy bacon, if desired.
- Layer tomatoes to cover.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
Optional: Turn the broiler on for the last 5 minutes to brown the top if desired.
You may also be interested in...
Baked Tomato White Fish with Cucumber Sauce
A simple dish to prepare, as the tomatoes are roasted together with the fish, eliminating multiple dishes. The avocado sauce flavored with lime juice provides a perfect complement.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Medium