What You'll Need
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 cake pan with parchment paper.
- Grease parchment paper as well as the inner side of the pan.
- Puree tomatoes, seeds, and all using a blender or hand mixer.
- Beat 2 eggs (by hand) with 1 cup sugar. Add ½ cup veg oil, then 1/8 molasses.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, ¾ tsp. salt, 1 ¼ tsp. cinnamon, 1 ¼ tsp. nutmeg & ¾ tsp. ginger.
- Sift all ingredients into egg mixture.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients and add tomato puree until batter is evenly incorporated.
- Pour ingredients into the prepared pan and level.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick pulls out clean.
- Sift icing sugar and spices into a bowl and whisk in lemon juice.
- Drizzle over cake diagonally with a fork or pastry bag.
You may also be interested in...
Bow Ties & Veggies
Veggie Pasta is always a crowd pleaser. Maybe it’s the bow tie noodles that remind us of our childhood, or the creative, simplistic, way a variety of veggies are brought together in one dish; there always seems to be little left over at the end of a party.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy